There are things that we cannot change. In order to really be a happy person, one of the best tip would be to just accept the fact that it is what it is and move on. While we are dealing with such situations, there are some things or habits that we can adapt to make us feel better and happier in the long run. We have heard this line so many times that “Happiness is within you and we should stop looking for it outside”. So what exactly does that mean? Well, Do good things just to do good things 🙂
“You gotta do this for YOU. This is for YOU. This isn’t about anybody. Live for YOU. Honour YOU. Never lose sight of that.”
There are habits that you must incorporate in order to live healthier, Happier life.
- Cleaning your house : This is so simple but a very important tip. To live in a clean, fresh environment is the most crucial thing to do. You surrounding plays a major role in how you feel. Change your interior if needed but make sure your room is exactly how you want it to be. It really makes your mood. And yes, I am talking about self experience.
- Meditate : I did speak about it in my previous post here. Meditation does wonders. It does not necessarily have to be hours of it, just a few minutes. Start small. Start with 3-5 mins and gradually increase the duration. I meditated just for 6 minutes and it still worked. It is a great way to motivate yourself.
- Treat yourself : Ever wondered why people keep asking for a treat? Because it does make you feel so much better. Pamper yourself and gift yourself the one thing that you always wanted. Go for some shopping. This is one time when you can shop and not think about spending. Making yourself happy is more important than planning your budget.
- Entertainment : Well, to be honest just any medium where you can watch your favourite show or a movie. I had read somewhere that in order to forget your worries, you must get lost in a fantasy world. It helps going away from the reality for a little bit and be somewhere else. In someone else’s world.
- Read : Another useful way to distract your mind from unnecessary thoughts. Reading books helped me a lot when I was going through a rough patch. Self Help books are the best for most people. Read an auto biography. Seeing or learning how other people got through their issues is a great inspiration. “Things Get Better” is one book that truly helped me and was exactly what I needed at the time.
- Dress up : Just look good if you want to feel good. Wearing fancy clothes and prepping yourself instantly makes you feel happy. Try it.
- Travel : Something that I did, but not really. Meaning I have traveled a lot but due to work. I still loved the journeys. I have not done it lately but I am sure I want to and I will because it is such an amazing feeling.
- Do/Learn Something New : Maybe take a class for something that you wanted to do for a long time but haven’t. You will feel accomplished once you are done with it 🙂
- Gratitude : Be thankful for what you already have. Saying Thank you for the people in your life, things you have, food you eat, bed you sleep on. It can be anything. Write it down. Remind yourself of the awesome things you get to experience.
- Music : Listen to your fav music. It has been proved that music does help you feel healthier and reduces stress. So put on your fav tracks and turn up the volume and Dance because no one’s watching. Move your body and throw away all the stress and tension. Once you are done, just breathe and live the moment
Do this and remind yourself, Happiness is ultimate GOAL!!!
2017 is going to be year of self improvement for me. Since I deal with anxiety, it is extremely crucial for me to do things in way that will not make me feel like my life is in chaos. Hence, I have learnt about a few tips and tricks on how to simplify life in ways that are so easily looked through. I am sharing these tips here so other’s can follow them or at least try to so it can help make their life easier. Would love hear other’s too on how do they do it if they do so I can adapt those habits too.
- Unsubscribe email subscription’s that are unnecessary.
- Unfollow Instagram account’s that aren’t healthy or demotivating.
- Unfriend people on Facebook that you don’t personally know or if you do not interact or that spoil your mood.
- Follow a Miraculous Morning Routine
- Choose a yearly theme to concentrate on your Goals.
- Carry one Hand bag.
- Carry stuff in your bad that you absolutely need.
- Do not accept free stuff/samples.
- Do not ask for Receipts every single time until it is really important.
- Concentrate only on 3 important things on your To-Do-List everyday.
- Learn 5 nutritious recipes and rotate them weekly.
- Simplify your keys. Also, get rid of unused keychain’s and key rings.
- Ask people not to buy you Gift’s on Birthday’s or Anniversaries or Tell them exactly what you want.
- Use things until they are actually finished.
- Cut-out unwanted equipments.
- Cut-out unwanted people.
- Cut-out Gossiping/Complaining from your dialogue.
- Quit bargain shopping & only buy what you actually need.
- Use all pieces of clothing that your own.
- Figure out activities that matter to you & prioritize accordingly.
- Let go of Goals that aren’t in line with you.
- Follow that LIFE CHANGING method of Tidying up.
- Meditate just for a few minutes every single day.
- Donate excessive decor that is lying around your house.
- Turn off Social Media Notifications unless Very Important.
I am so positive about these steps and so sure this will help me in so many ways. Since I am not used to routines I will have trouble following them on a regular basis in the beginning which is why I also have it written in my journal so I can read it over and over again just as a reminder.
I hope this could help some of you.
Even though I have never been a morning person, there are simple but essential morning habits which incorporated in your daily life can surely make a massive difference. I have learnt about these recently and have also tried them a few times towards the end of 2016.
And since it did help me a lot, this is what I aim to do in 2017 to stay inspired, be creative and for a healthy lifestyle.
- Rehydrate: Drinking water first thing in the morning is the best thing you could to yourself. Water boosts up your metabolism, hydrates you, helps flush out toxins, is great for your skin and helps to have a balanced lymph system. For some people, it can also help lose weight. Water is a well known purifier and when the body is cleansed, some ailments may be easily fought and removed.
- Morning Pages: If you are not familiar with this, its as easy as it sounds. Writing Morning Pages means to write whatever comes to my mind. Without any judgements, jot down anything you want. Feel free to ramble. The goal is to get everything out of your mind. Do not stress on spellings or grammar. Just write. It helps you clear your mind and makes you aware of recurring themes. It is like de cluttering your mind. Getting rid of unnecessary thoughts and making room for creative ideas.
- Breakfast: Having a healthy breakfast does not only provide energy but is also a good source of important nutrients such as Fibre, Vitamins, Calcium, Iron. Breakfast should be eaten within 2 hours of waking. A healthy breakfast should contain calories in the range of 20-35% of your guideline daily allowance. It acts like fuel to your brain and body after an overnight fast.
- Meditation: There innumerable benefits of Meditation and everyone is aware that it only makes life better. I could Meditate for 11 days in a row and I could see results. However, I could not continue due to several reasons. But 2017 will be the year of Meditation (or at least I hope) There are countless Physiological, Psychological and Spiritual benefits of Meditation.
- Physiological benefits:
- lowers oxygen consumption
- decreases respiratory rate
- increases blood flow and slows the heart rate
- decreases the aging process
- normalizes to your ideal weight
- makes you sweat less
- less energy wasted
- relaxes the nervous system
- higher skin resistance
- increases exercise tolerance
- Psychological Benefits:
- Develop Will power
- decrease in potential mental illness
- increased productivity
- resolves phobias and fears
- purifies your character
- better, more sociable behaviour
- builds self confidence
- improved relationship
- develops intuition
- Spiritual Benefits:
- brings body, spirit and mind in harmony
- helps living in the present moment
- increased self actualization
- provides peace of mind
- increases happiness
- overall well being improved
- experience a sense on “oneness”
- growing wisdom
- attain enlightenment
- helps learn forgiveness
5) To Do List: Having a to do list is something that helped me a lot in the last few month. Often I used to feel lost and frustrated. Getting things done used to be a task because I had a lot to do. Until I came across the idea of maintaining a list. Organizing, Improved memory, Productivity and Motivation are some the benefits that experienced by keeping a to do list.
These are my 5 habits which I want incorporate in my daily life this year and I hope to continue doing it as it only adds to the well being and growth IMO.
Plz feel free to share any of your productive habits which has helped you over the years so I can add them in my routine.
Hoping for an Amazing year ahead. Happy 2017