Even though I have never been a morning person, there are simple but essential morning habits which incorporated in your daily life can surely make a massive difference. I have learnt about these recently and have also tried them a few times towards the end of 2016.
And since it did help me a lot, this is what I aim to do in 2017 to stay inspired, be creative and for a healthy lifestyle.
- Rehydrate: Drinking water first thing in the morning is the best thing you could to yourself. Water boosts up your metabolism, hydrates you, helps flush out toxins, is great for your skin and helps to have a balanced lymph system. For some people, it can also help lose weight. Water is a well known purifier and when the body is cleansed, some ailments may be easily fought and removed.
- Morning Pages: If you are not familiar with this, its as easy as it sounds. Writing Morning Pages means to write whatever comes to my mind. Without any judgements, jot down anything you want. Feel free to ramble. The goal is to get everything out of your mind. Do not stress on spellings or grammar. Just write. It helps you clear your mind and makes you aware of recurring themes. It is like de cluttering your mind. Getting rid of unnecessary thoughts and making room for creative ideas.
- Breakfast: Having a healthy breakfast does not only provide energy but is also a good source of important nutrients such as Fibre, Vitamins, Calcium, Iron. Breakfast should be eaten within 2 hours of waking. A healthy breakfast should contain calories in the range of 20-35% of your guideline daily allowance. It acts like fuel to your brain and body after an overnight fast.
- Meditation: There innumerable benefits of Meditation and everyone is aware that it only makes life better. I could Meditate for 11 days in a row and I could see results. However, I could not continue due to several reasons. But 2017 will be the year of Meditation (or at least I hope) There are countless Physiological, Psychological and Spiritual benefits of Meditation.
- Physiological benefits:
- lowers oxygen consumption
- decreases respiratory rate
- increases blood flow and slows the heart rate
- decreases the aging process
- normalizes to your ideal weight
- makes you sweat less
- less energy wasted
- relaxes the nervous system
- higher skin resistance
- increases exercise tolerance
- Psychological Benefits:
- Develop Will power
- decrease in potential mental illness
- increased productivity
- resolves phobias and fears
- purifies your character
- better, more sociable behaviour
- builds self confidence
- improved relationship
- develops intuition
- Spiritual Benefits:
- brings body, spirit and mind in harmony
- helps living in the present moment
- increased self actualization
- provides peace of mind
- increases happiness
- overall well being improved
- experience a sense on “oneness”
- growing wisdom
- attain enlightenment
- helps learn forgiveness
5) To Do List: Having a to do list is something that helped me a lot in the last few month. Often I used to feel lost and frustrated. Getting things done used to be a task because I had a lot to do. Until I came across the idea of maintaining a list. Organizing, Improved memory, Productivity and Motivation are some the benefits that experienced by keeping a to do list.
These are my 5 habits which I want incorporate in my daily life this year and I hope to continue doing it as it only adds to the well being and growth IMO.
Plz feel free to share any of your productive habits which has helped you over the years so I can add them in my routine.
Hoping for an Amazing year ahead. Happy 2017
Hustle! – Such a powerful word. I love to hustle. It motivates me. I love the thrill of it. I always imagine myself on top of the game. Be it work, or just life in general. I have always been a magnet of money and success. I have always believed that no matter what goes on in my life (and trust me I got too much) my work is something that never ditched me. It always had my back when nothing else does. There have been times when I was falling apart and what got back me together was my work. It was the pressure of always giving the best, the expectations that people had/have and the responsibilty of living up to the expectation that keeps me going. However, sometimes, it does get too much. I do not remember the last time I took a break and went for a vacation. I have been traveling a lot for my work but of course it doesn’t count. I really think I need to slow down a little bit in terms of work and here are some signs that make me feel the way I do
- Unprepared: I have found myself unready a lot of times lately. As a Master of ceremony, I have to fully prepared of what I need to be in action and holding the crowd. I lack this quality now. I do not have a plan. I take spontaneuos which is helpful at times but not in the long run. I cannot be unprepared and then take last minute decisions because it is just chaotic and not healthy.
- Overwhelmed: I do suffer from anxiety and it has been increasing day by day. Anxiety and panic attacks itself is a big sign for a taking a break. I do get anxious and feel overwhelmed before and after an event. Which is clearly affecting my mental and physical health. Every time I have to host an event, I prefer not doing anything at all. I stay at home all day doing nothing and having regular events means doing nothing for days. I cannot do anything else because I dont want clutter my mind with any more thoughts and let it deal with work alone. There is no room for any more drama.
- Tired: Walking 3 floors to my house in the building itself is a task. I am tired all day even when I just clearly mentioned that I do not do anything else when I have an event. I still feel extremely tired, sleepy and lethargic right before going on the stage. Again taking a toll on my health and well being. A well rested worker is a happy worker and that means you need some rest.
- Irritable: Small small things irritate me. I phone call, a message, people around me, I just want to be by myself. I do not appreciate any disturbance and so I have been avoiding meetings as well. Some times even when I know it could be helpful for my show. I remember I used to insist a meeting few days before the event in order to give my best in the event but now I have all the excuses ready to cancel the meetings and take all the updates just before the event. Well, some times I do have genuine reasons why I cant have a meeting with the client though.
- No Motivation: The only thing that motivates me to take up new events is because I have a shopping list that I maintain and I know I need money to buy those stuff. That is not enough or the right motivation IMO. Money should not be the reason you work but you need to have an ambition. I do not feel the urge or the interest and I am working just because I have to or because people want me to. This is not the lifestyle that I would want to have.
Slowing down once in a while is not lazy. Too much work will only derail you faster than anything else. If you break down, so does everything else that you have been working on. I know I have to slow down not because I feel it is important but also because I deserve it. In order to give my best again, I have to re-evaluate myself. All for a healthy lifestyle.
Summer is going to end in a few days and winter is gradually knocking at our doorsteps. Slowly the way our life is going to alter. We’ll wear outfits made up of thick fibres. Some of us will enjoy the sunshine in the back garden and nights in cozy beds snuggled in warm winter blankets and bed comforters.
Having said that, winter is not just a time to laze around instead, it is a perfect time to revamp your living space. Here are some cool ways to add coziness, beauty and freshness to your home with winter.
Banish the floor:- A well placed beautiful rug can be the centre of attraction in your room. It can change the mood of the room. Instead of being bare and sleek, the rug allows the room to give off a sense of coziness and warmth.
Bright sunshine gives the impression of cheerful, fresh places. You can use low level lighting at night to give a warmer, stylish feel to the room.
Curtains made up of heavy fabrics are the perfect addition to a winter haven. You can choose to adorn your bedrooms with textured curtains to add colour to your windows.
Colours are another most important aspect to the mood of a room. If you are looking to transform your bedroom into a cozy retreat this winter, You can fill up your room with dark coloured bed sheet and duvet cover sets. You can also put a dark colour matching paint on the wall.
Interesting varieties of bedding sets, woolen blankets and duvet sets are available online. You can buy them at fair prices during home décor sale on popular Internet shopping websites.