There are things that we cannot change. In order to really be a happy person, one of the best tip would be to just accept the fact that it is what it is and move on. While we are dealing with such situations, there are some things or habits that we can adapt to make us feel better and happier in the long run. We have heard this line so many times that “Happiness is within you and we should stop looking for it outside”. So what exactly does that mean? Well, Do good things just to do good things 🙂
“You gotta do this for YOU. This is for YOU. This isn’t about anybody. Live for YOU. Honour YOU. Never lose sight of that.”
There are habits that you must incorporate in order to live healthier, Happier life.
- Cleaning your house : This is so simple but a very important tip. To live in a clean, fresh environment is the most crucial thing to do. You surrounding plays a major role in how you feel. Change your interior if needed but make sure your room is exactly how you want it to be. It really makes your mood. And yes, I am talking about self experience.
- Meditate : I did speak about it in my previous post here. Meditation does wonders. It does not necessarily have to be hours of it, just a few minutes. Start small. Start with 3-5 mins and gradually increase the duration. I meditated just for 6 minutes and it still worked. It is a great way to motivate yourself.
- Treat yourself : Ever wondered why people keep asking for a treat? Because it does make you feel so much better. Pamper yourself and gift yourself the one thing that you always wanted. Go for some shopping. This is one time when you can shop and not think about spending. Making yourself happy is more important than planning your budget.
- Entertainment : Well, to be honest just any medium where you can watch your favourite show or a movie. I had read somewhere that in order to forget your worries, you must get lost in a fantasy world. It helps going away from the reality for a little bit and be somewhere else. In someone else’s world.
- Read : Another useful way to distract your mind from unnecessary thoughts. Reading books helped me a lot when I was going through a rough patch. Self Help books are the best for most people. Read an auto biography. Seeing or learning how other people got through their issues is a great inspiration. “Things Get Better” is one book that truly helped me and was exactly what I needed at the time.
- Dress up : Just look good if you want to feel good. Wearing fancy clothes and prepping yourself instantly makes you feel happy. Try it.
- Travel : Something that I did, but not really. Meaning I have traveled a lot but due to work. I still loved the journeys. I have not done it lately but I am sure I want to and I will because it is such an amazing feeling.
- Do/Learn Something New : Maybe take a class for something that you wanted to do for a long time but haven’t. You will feel accomplished once you are done with it 🙂
- Gratitude : Be thankful for what you already have. Saying Thank you for the people in your life, things you have, food you eat, bed you sleep on. It can be anything. Write it down. Remind yourself of the awesome things you get to experience.
- Music : Listen to your fav music. It has been proved that music does help you feel healthier and reduces stress. So put on your fav tracks and turn up the volume and Dance because no one’s watching. Move your body and throw away all the stress and tension. Once you are done, just breathe and live the moment
Do this and remind yourself, Happiness is ultimate GOAL!!!
4639total visits,2visits today