Even though I have never been a morning person, there are simple but essential morning habits which incorporated in your daily life can surely make a massive difference. I have learnt about these recently and have also tried them a few times towards the end of 2016.
And since it did help me a lot, this is what I aim to do in 2017 to stay inspired, be creative and for a healthy lifestyle.
- Rehydrate: Drinking water first thing in the morning is the best thing you could to yourself. Water boosts up your metabolism, hydrates you, helps flush out toxins, is great for your skin and helps to have a balanced lymph system. For some people, it can also help lose weight. Water is a well known purifier and when the body is cleansed, some ailments may be easily fought and removed.
- Morning Pages: If you are not familiar with this, its as easy as it sounds. Writing Morning Pages means to write whatever comes to my mind. Without any judgements, jot down anything you want. Feel free to ramble. The goal is to get everything out of your mind. Do not stress on spellings or grammar. Just write. It helps you clear your mind and makes you aware of recurring themes. It is like de cluttering your mind. Getting rid of unnecessary thoughts and making room for creative ideas.
- Breakfast: Having a healthy breakfast does not only provide energy but is also a good source of important nutrients such as Fibre, Vitamins, Calcium, Iron. Breakfast should be eaten within 2 hours of waking. A healthy breakfast should contain calories in the range of 20-35% of your guideline daily allowance. It acts like fuel to your brain and body after an overnight fast.
- Meditation: There innumerable benefits of Meditation and everyone is aware that it only makes life better. I could Meditate for 11 days in a row and I could see results. However, I could not continue due to several reasons. But 2017 will be the year of Meditation (or at least I hope) There are countless Physiological, Psychological and Spiritual benefits of Meditation.
- Physiological benefits:
- lowers oxygen consumption
- decreases respiratory rate
- increases blood flow and slows the heart rate
- decreases the aging process
- normalizes to your ideal weight
- makes you sweat less
- less energy wasted
- relaxes the nervous system
- higher skin resistance
- increases exercise tolerance
- Psychological Benefits:
- Develop Will power
- decrease in potential mental illness
- increased productivity
- resolves phobias and fears
- purifies your character
- better, more sociable behaviour
- builds self confidence
- improved relationship
- develops intuition
- Spiritual Benefits:
- brings body, spirit and mind in harmony
- helps living in the present moment
- increased self actualization
- provides peace of mind
- increases happiness
- overall well being improved
- experience a sense on “oneness”
- growing wisdom
- attain enlightenment
- helps learn forgiveness
5) To Do List: Having a to do list is something that helped me a lot in the last few month. Often I used to feel lost and frustrated. Getting things done used to be a task because I had a lot to do. Until I came across the idea of maintaining a list. Organizing, Improved memory, Productivity and Motivation are some the benefits that experienced by keeping a to do list.
These are my 5 habits which I want incorporate in my daily life this year and I hope to continue doing it as it only adds to the well being and growth IMO.
Plz feel free to share any of your productive habits which has helped you over the years so I can add them in my routine.
Hoping for an Amazing year ahead. Happy 2017